As of early December I have emerged from the worst anxiety and depression of my life thus far. I could not feel God at all, but I have since learned that that does not mean that He is not there. From Deuteronomy 31:8:
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
I am so thankful not to be struggling with everything everyday as I was. Life is so short. I know some of us have predispositions to experiencing such things (including neurotransmitter imbalances in the brain). However, I know my own reactions to the uncertainties of life and fear of the future contributed significantly. So did running out of medication (not my fault), and the time of year (fall). Jesus said,
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own". Matthew 6:34
There is so much we can worry about on this earth, but it is not worth the time to do so. Besides, Jesus says not to do it! Does anyone ever give up worrying for Lent? I wonder. I have found myself concerned about things some 20 or more years into the future. I really want and need to trust God. But that does not mean I want to live haphazardly.
"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil" Ephesians 5:15-16
I want to live intentionally for God, trusting in His promises. Can I get an "Amen!"?
No comments:
Post a Comment