I am a compulsive overeater. I had no idea how much room food, food acquisition and food consumption were taking up in my brain. But I had gotten to the point of being disgusted with myself for the umpteenth time. I am tired of living the way I have been living. I wrote in an earlier post about "living a lie". I squashed down my feelings for the majority of my 37 year life thus far. Well, my primary tool in doing that was food. I used food to numb myself from the feelings I was trying to avoid feeling. My weight has been on a pendulum I would say since finishing college. I don't want to dwell on the negative however.
There is good on the horizon. Though I am unable to stop myself from eating certain foods once I start (usually until I am disgustingly stuffed and/or sick feeling and/or embarrassed if in public), I do not have to take that first bite. I can choose to abstain from certain foods. I want to live differently. I would like my life to revolve around God and not food. He IS good and He IS faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment